Saturday, September 22, 2012

CURRY HOUSE CoCo ICHIBANYA

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Sarah and I have a problem. No, not that problem. I am an addict. I'm addicted to CURRY HOUSE CoCo ICHIBANYA, or better known as CoCo's Curry.

After the first hit, I was addicted. Game over. Truth be told, I didn't even see it coming. One minute I was shopping the many stores of the Fantasy Dome in Hachinohe with my friend Amanda and the next I was licking my plate, afraid to leave a drop behind.

We took a seat in the booth and I opened the menu, thinking most of it looked disgusting.

Me: "So what's good here?"
Amanda: "Are you going to get the cheese naan? It's amazing."
Me: "What the hell is cheese naan?"

Carbs? Cheese? Cheap? I'm in.

Me: "Sure. That sounds good. Want to split one?"
Amanda: "Trust me, you'll want your own."

So I ordered my own along with the chicken curry cutlet. On a side note, one of my favorite things about Japan is how the restaurants operate. When you're ready to order, you push a little button on the table which makes a doorbell noise, and then your waiter immediately appears to take your order.

Moments later, our entrees appear. In Japan, they bring your food as it is cooked, which sometimes means your appetizer comes at the end of the meal. It is also customary to begin eating your food when it arrives, regardless if your dining partners have gotten their's.

Chicken Cutlet Curry. My new love.

At first glance, I thought it looked as equally disgusting as the menu picture. I mixed it all up and took a bite. I felt like I had tasted heaven. The chicken was coated in the perfect amount of breading, crispy and tender at the same time. The curry sauce left me contemplating the feasibility of creating a curry pool in my backyard. Just when I thought I had summited Mt. Foodgasm, the cheese naan arrived.

Cheese naan. My lifeblood.

Cheese naan is like a cloud of carbs and premium cheese had a baby and called it awesome. I wish I was joking when I tell people I wake up thinking about cheese naan. I then dipped the naan in the curry sauce. I think that's the closest I'll ever get to a religious experience.

So there you have it. My latest addiction. Like any fiend, I don't care that it's a 45 minute drive away. I will run to there if I have to. Until we meet again, my love...

Directions to CoCo's:

  1. Go out the POL gate and take a left at Universe/Homac.
  2. Take a right at the big pink Aeon sign (Lawson's will be on the left corner).
  3. Take this road into Hachinohe.
  4. When you get to Sega World, take a right and it's almost immediately on the right.

2 comments:

  1. Cheese naan sounds incredible. I would consider taking the 24 hour journey to Japan from Iowa for that. <3 You know how much I love cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see you found something to eat in Japan, other than canned tuna and canned chicken! How will this fit into my FAST plan when I visit?!?

    ReplyDelete