Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Home.



I missed home today and for the first time, it wasn't Omaha. All the stupid little, innocuous things I never took care to put any weight to. Our office dog, Bo, greeting me every morning. Saying "cheers" anytime someone opened an energy drink. Daddy apples. Recycling those stupid coffee cups. Brekkie after Celebrity News. The clacking sound of my studded tires, begging to be put to sleep for the summer. The warmth and flakiness of "egg pie." The dance parties. The yearly resolution list. Going Nancy Drew over the men's poop bomber. The sweet smell after the rain. The Compton Carrs. The weird vocabulary terms of "The Lower 48" and "snowmachining." The lavender mountains in the early morning. Being at a "45." Hell, I even miss being asked if I have any change.

I missed it all. I missed Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment